Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Ready or not...

Well, ready or not, it's here. I'd like to say that I'm completely finished...but I can't. Still have some wrapping to do and then a drive to Clarksdale to get my mom. Perhaps the merry-go-round stops tomorrow and I can jump off?? Maybe?? Well, at least I'm through with shopping...I think. Who knows, I probably forgot someone and will have to run out at the last minute today to pick up something. Still have to make the grocery store run. That'll be fun I'm sure.
Well, enough about me and my worries or complaints. It's not about me, right? As I sit here, I can't help but think about those who's lives aren't so great at this time of the year. Family issues, illness, financial woes, etc. The list goes on and on. As I have said before, I have no needs. I have been truly blessed with a loving Savior, an amazing and wonderful husband, and a terrific family. I hope that we all will take the time to realize how blessed we are and that we might have the opportunity to make a difference in someone's life who is not as fortunate as we are. Even if it's just a simple phone call to wish someone a Merry Christmas, go for it. You never know how a simple act or gesture of kindness touches someone. It may be just what they need at just the right time. They will be blessed by your kindness and you, too, will receive a blessing from it.
Happy Birthday, Jesus! Merry Christmas to all!

Later...
DD

No comments: