Sunday, December 28, 2008

It's come and gone...

Well, Christmas has come and gone and I'm afraid I almost missed it. That is to say, I was so very busy tied up with so many things that I really didn't get to enjoy it like I should. There have been so many things going on in our family and other areas, that I was meeting myself coming and going. But you do what ya gotta do and what else can you do. Did that make sense?? I told my sweet hubby just a few days ago that I felt like I needed to handover some responsibilities at church to some other people...younger people with lots more energy. I want things to be different around this household next year. I want to be more relaxed and not so rushed with everything. I'm probably asking for the impossible, but it doesn't hurt to dream and hope for something, right?
T and I both enjoy having people in our home during the holidays, and that's something we promised the Lord...that if He blessed us with a home to hold family and friends...we'd have people over to fellowship with every chance we got. And we will continue to keep our end of the deal. And He continues to bless us beyond our wildest dreams and far more than we deserve. He is a gracious God and we are so very thankful for all we have.
Here's to a great and bountiful New Year. I hope to find new ways to serve Him at church. To step aside in areas where I have served in the past and give someone else a chance to serve. I can't and I won't sit back and do nothing...that's not how I'm put together. T and I are excited about rolling our sleeves up and serving in some new areas. Ones I'm sure we'll enjoy and get such a blessing from.
Well, it's on to taking down Christmas decorations and packing them away one more time.
Happy New Year everyone! May God bless you beyond description!

Later...
DD

No comments: