Monday, November 3, 2008

Trust...pray...wait

Well, here we are on the eve of Election Day in the USA. Needless-to-say, it was on many minds and hearts yesterday at church. So many expressed concern about the direction our country is headed. And as Children of the King, we are to lay our concerns and worries at His feet. To trust Him and trust that He is in control. Unfortunately, we are human and our human nature is to worry and to hold out and not let it go and let God. I hope that many, many (a record number) will make their way to the polls tomorrow. But before we step into that room to cast our vote, we should pray for our country, pray for our leaders, and pray for ourselves as we cast that vote.
I can't help but think that our country has forgotten just exactly why and how it was founded.

II Chronicles 7:14
"and My people who are called by My name humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

Later...
DD

No comments: